저에 관하여

Tuesday, February 07, 2012

My lips are sealed :X

This is my first time to blog about beauty & make-up but definitely not the last :)

Lipstick: a must-have anywhere i go!


 from left to right:
1. ever bilena matte lipstick
     shade: off beat pink
I just bought this yesterday and i soooo liked it! It gives you that natural, soft, pinkish lips. I recommend it for daily wear.

2. avon ultra moisture rich24k gold lipstick
    shade: ruby in gold
I'm no fan of avon lipstick until i tried their ultra moisture rich collection. It really moisturizes your lips and very light to use. The shade gives you that red and shining lips because of the specks of gold dust with it.

3. avon ultra moisture rich moisture seduction lipstick with spf15
    shade: tangerine
This is the first shade i bought in avon which gives you a natural, smooth lips.

4. Long Last Lipstick
    shade:Rouge Flamboyant
A gift from my aunt. Once you glide it on your lips, it gives you that smooth bloody red shade. I love to wear my red lips at night outs!

Wearing my Ever Bilena Matte Lipstick in Off Beat shade
Women do so many strange things to their lips in the name of fashion -- coloring, plumping, even injecting them with chemicals. But why are our lips red to begin with? And what's really in all these things that we swipe on (and pump into) our lips?

Your lips are red because there are many blood vessels around the lip area and because the skin on your top and bottom lip is very thin the color from these blood vessels is seen through to the surface of the lips, making them appear red. We think of red luscious lips as a sign of warmth, good health and thus, attractive. [Source: Stubbs]

Caring for your lips is just as important as caring for the rest of your skin. Our lips need regular moisturizing. Our lips do not have large amounts of natural defenses of their own and can be damaged easily from the drying affects of the sun, wind, pollution and indoor heating and cooling. Keeping your lips regularly moisturized prevents the skin on your lips from becoming dry and cracked.

How about you? What's your kind of lipstick?



12 comments:

  1. girl, what font yang gamit mo? i like. :D
    btw, i like the ever bilena matte lipstick on you. :D

    maui

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks girl! u should try it, too! :)
    keep updated on my beauty posts :)

    font name: sunshiney
    mwah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My kind of lipstick is Mary Kay® Creme Lipstick,really RED.
    This gorgeous lipstick shade is the perfect red for every occasion – just one of the many glamorous shades. The long-wearing, stay-true color glides on with a lightweight, creamy texture for maximum color impact that lasts. Plus, it won’t feather or bleed. It’s even enhanced with vitamin E and a vitamin C derivative to help defend against wrinkle-causing free radicals. And it’s enriched with emollients and moisturizers, providing a veil of protection against moisture loss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hmmm! thanks for the comment periwinkle_blue :) i'll put that on my check list :)

      Delete
  4. I cannot live without lip balm because I always fee like my lips are dry. Of course, it could me all in my mind but still, I always wear lipbalm before I go to bed. :D I'm currenlty in love with Avon's Amber Glow lipstick. I've had this for ages but just had the time to appreciate this now :) Hahaha kudos to your first beauty review! Keep them coming! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. gracias mich! lip balm really is a great help... keep updated with my posts... balms and gloss will be next in line :)

      Delete
  5. nice collection ma'am! :D you should try Revlon's colorburst lipsticks maam! super ganda! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love lipsticks too! Nice post, Miss Rosie. Pero I wonder what you use in school ?

    I've always been using matte lipstick and leaning more on to brownish-red shades.

    ReplyDelete
  7. right now, i'm so inlove with matte-finished lipstick.. the one you see on the pictures :) it's looks so natural...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the color in you! It suits you well! where did you buy your ever bilena lipstick? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks patsy :) bought that at Yubengco Starmall ...it can be bought at any dept. stores :)

      Delete