저에 관하여

Thursday, May 10, 2012

The Array

May 9 (Lunchtime): I went to Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas fronting Paseo del Mar to buy the Commemorative Coins for our Array.

It's my first time to enter BSP. It's one of the newest building in Zamboanga City. The security in that place was so tight but the guards were very much approachable.

I bought 13 pcs. commemorative coins which is worth 130pesos. I never thought of it as big.

I was being told by my colleagues in the workplace: mam virgie and mam diane to buy 13 pieces of it instead of borrowing coins from those who have been married. They said, don't borrow the coins for the array because your married life will always be in debt.

What is the essence of coins in the wedding rites? 
The Wedding Coins (also known as: Arras [ah-rahs] or Arrhae [ar-rah-heh]) have traditionally symbolized the prosperity that would be shared by the new couple, and the groom's promise to provide for the welfare of the new family. However, today's couples embrace life & face the world together in a more mutually supportive way than ever before. So, the Wedding Coins have come to symbolize the couple's commitment to mutually contributing to their relationship, their children, and their community.(http://www.mybarong2.com/ceremony-art-1075.html)

Why do couples need to have 13 new coins?
The thirteen (13) arras coins represents wealth and prosperity for each month of the year with an extra to spare assuring luck for the newlyweds and their future family the whole year through and beyond. But while the traditional arrhae have come to only symbolize material wealth with the man pledging support for his wife, today’s couples face married life together in a more mutually-supportive way than ever before. This has been the guiding inspiration for the Unity Coins — the 21st century update of the traditional wedding arrhae.  (http://www.weddingsatwork.com/index.php/the-unity-coins)




 The coins symbolizes the affirmation of wedding vows as each coin represents one of the thirteen universal tenets of an enduring marriage.

 

~:~ Love ~:~ Harmony ~:~ Cooperation ~:~ Commitment ~:~

~:~ Peace ~:~ Happiness ~:~ Trust ~:~ Respect ~:~ Caring ~:~

~:~ Wisdom ~:~ Joy ~:~ Wholeness ~:~ Nurturing ~:~

 

 

9 comments:

  1. Hi how are you?

    I was looking through your blog, and I found it interesting, and inspiring to me, so I thought why not post a comment.

    I have blogs also obviously, and would like to invite you to become my blog friend.

    I mostly post about the California experience through the perspective of personal writings, and my art.

    Maybe you can become my friend, and follow, and I can also follow you, if that is okay.

    Well I hope to hear from you soon… :)

    Jesse Noe Mendez

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi there :) thanks for dropping by in my blog :0 It's my pleasure to be your blog friend :) thanks!

      Delete
  2. Nice! I wonder if I could just buy those coins and start a collection? hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I first read your post, I had no idea what an Array was! It was only when I read through it that I understood what it meant. From all the wedding ceremonies I have attended, I have never noticed this ritual! hahaha Now I know :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww..malapit na talaga wedding day niyo maam! yey! can't wait! :D advance congratulations sainyo ma'am! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations ma'am.;d I really though the array is computer related.hahaha. :P I always love wedding rites. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. akala ko normal coins lang ang gagamitin. anyway, congratulations, ma'am rosie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. athena, you may use any new coins that you like :) as long as its 13 pcs :)

      Delete